We are accepting applications for Field Instructors and Interns for our fall gap year program. We select from a highly qualified pool of candidates (native English speakers) who have experience traveling abroad and who possess strong leadership and communication skills. Field instructors and interns
- ensure suitability of student field placements
- coordinate student activities
- provide residential guidance and support
- help students negotiate personal and cultural challenges
- instruct in their areas of knowledge and expertise
The selection of field instructors and interns is based on criteria that include:
- cultural sensitivity
- communication and leadership skills
- travel experience in developing countries, especially India
- prior participation in gap year or study abroad programs
- ability to empathize with students and peers
- reaction to challenging situations
- first aid training and preparedness
- yoga and meditation interest and skills
- language fluency
- research or personal interests in the Himalaya
- coursework or graduate studies in Himalaya-related disciplines
Program-related expenses, including travel, food, and lodging, are paid for by Himalayan Connections. Field instructors also receive a salary.
Interested applicants are invited to send us a resume or CV for review.
To apply for positions, please complete the application and request letters of recommendation from an academic and a community reference. The Word documents can be completed digitally (returned by email); the PDF files must be printed and completed by hand (returned by fax or scanned & emailed). Please contact us with any questions. Thanks!
FORMS: Word Format (can be completed digitally and saved) / PDF (must be printed)